Re: TR6 carb question (long)

To: libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 carb question (long)
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 18:27:42 +0100
Cc: triumph club <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Carl: I'm just guessing, but it seems that people always blame the carbs
for rough running. I've found that many times, it's ignition. Is your
vacum advance functioning? Are the spark plugs fouling? Could be a
hotter plug might set you straight. (It did for me!) How about timimg?
Maybe I'm being redundant, but it couldn't hurt to check. Did you reuse
the old coil? I've had coils that exhibited symptoms very similar to the
ones you described. The electronic igniton won't cure an old coil that's
on it's way out. Hope this helps!