Re: TR6 carb question (long)

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 carb question (long)
From: "Aaron Johnson" <sugar@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 00:28:14 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
It sounds to me like they are way to lean.  Try checking to make sure they
have the right needles in them.  then go through and see if the shafts are
loose.  The seals may be good but if there is air getting in through the
shafts that can cause problems.  An easy way to check is to spray some
starter fluid at the point where the shaft goes through the housing.  And
check those diaphragms even the new ones are know to have holes in
them...of the two new diaphragms I got 1 had a hole in it.  From an unnamed
parts supplier...   also check for leaks between carbs and manifold that
could also pose a problem.

Good Luck

Aaron Johnson
72 TR6 CC84967

I'll have a set of Strombergs for sale here in about a month, after I
completely rebuild them....    :)