spit - update rear wheel chamber/spring

To: triumph mail exploder <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: spit - update rear wheel chamber/spring
From: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:45:30 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
i had my over arched rear spring dearched at a local spring
shop (yeah it was full of those giant truck springs and they
looked at me funny when i brought in this puny spitfire spring).

bill nichol reported that one of his springs measured 2 5/8"
off the floor to the first spring so i had them arch mine
to 2 3/4". i installed it the weekend before last but finally
got the spit off the jackstands this weekend and the rear
wheel chamber looks much better. it is negatively chambered as
it should be.

thanks for the help on this one!

-- michael galloway
   '78 spitfire