Sptfire Clutch problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sptfire Clutch problems
From: steve.gailey@nomura.co.uk
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 97 09:59:22 +0100
     Dear Triumph list,

     I have recently bought my first car (Having had bikes all my life), a
     1979 Triumph spitfire.

     Amongst other things this car has supposedly had a new clutch, but
     yesterday whilst driving in London my clutch started slipping until
     eventually I couldn't pull away from the lights. I left the car for
     about half an hour to cool down, and it was fine, though I do
     sometimes feel as if the clutch has a bit of slip, particularly when
     hot and in the high gears.

     The day was not very warm and the traffic was quite light. I had only
     been out for about 40 mins, and I hadn't been driving very hard,
     though I had been flipping the overdrive in and out a bit. Is this
     sort of thing normal? Can I adjust the clutch, and if so how? Could
     this be an overdrive problem instead?

     In short, what do I do next?

     Thanks in advance.

     Steve