Re: '76 TR6 fuel starvation update

To: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>, "Chad Jester" <triumph@uriel.net>
Subject: Re: '76 TR6 fuel starvation update
From: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 15:45:01 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

> I've always managed to get good fuel flow by getting the tank clean and
> replacing the fuel lines with new metal lines.  I just switched from WIX
> clear plastic to one of those glass hi-perf (?) filters with replaceable
> inserts. What unbelievable to me is that I can't see any fuel running
into
> the filter when this happens,

Bob, Chet et al-

The glass "high performance" filter of which you speak is one of the best
money makers ever foisted off on the motoring public. I have seen them on
virtually every type and style of car, and while they can't all be bad, I
can't begin to tell you how many cars have been towed into shops where I
worked for various and sundry complaints. The first thing we ever did when
spotting one of these litle beauties, was to put on a "regular" fuel filter
with a paper element. This magical fix had the vast majority of owners down
the road with a smile on their face, and their wallet still intact.

Would I lie about a thing like that ?
     Nick in Nor Cal