Re: '76 TR6 fuel starvation update

To: "Chad Jester" <triumph@uriel.net>
Subject: Re: '76 TR6 fuel starvation update
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 21:28:56 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

> When did you get a '76 TR6?

        Couldn't pass up a single owner, low mileage, HT/OD car.

> Are your bowl vents properly connected?  There is a passageway on the
upper left of the inlet flange that should connect the two carbs, then go
to a common line.

        Yeah, they are, I tried it without hooking to the canister too. Those
vents are controlled by the throttle shaft: when at idle the side vents you
mention are operable, but at speed (any speed,) that lever opens up some
other passage and blocks them off.  It's this other internal passage I'm
trying to understand.  I think it's blocked.

> FWIW, every TR6 I've ever owned (13 or 14) looked like it was running
with an empty filter.  I switched to metal filters so the look wouldn't
bother me!
> Regards, Chad

I've always managed to get good fuel flow by getting the tank clean and
replacing the fuel lines with new metal lines.  I just switched from WIX
clear plastic to one of those glass hi-perf (?) filters with replaceable
inserts. What unbelievable to me is that I can't see any fuel running into
the filter when this happens, It's vaporizing it by mixing it with air
somehow, which is causing the screwed up mixture. I'm baffled.

Thanks for the help
Bob in Austin