Re: More on them nasty thrust washers....

To: bnicho19@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: More on them nasty thrust washers....
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 1997 14:20:19 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> Paul Burr wrote:
 Maybe a small block
> > Ford is the real cure to these TR engine maintainence problems!
>
> Paul Burr
>bill nichol wrote:
 A pox on you for suggesting we might substitute one of those blue dot,
> four letter word, engines into our beloved LBC's. I might suggest the
> Buick vvvvvv-6 3.8(231) instead.
> I'm donning my flame retardent suit now.
> run it tell it breaks
> Bill
> 78Spit
> 80Wedge(under going colonial conversion)
Geez, Carroll Shelby puts Blue Ovals in LBC'S (Cobra, Tiger) and he's a
Hero! ;-) .In all probability, it'll stay TR powered, but with all the
Tiger left overs hangin' around the garage, it's a temptation.
Yes, a Buick GNX 3.8 Turbo would be tempting, But a roller cam 5.0 can
make as much power and more torgue for 1/2 the cash. Nothing (and I'm
speaking from experience) beat them nice ol' American Cubic Inches!