It doesn't seem to fit !

To: WFDAEHLE@mail.delcoelect.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: It doesn't seem to fit !
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 11:29:58 -0500 (EST)
Thu, 03 Apr 1997, William F Daehler wrote:

<< If I mount the engine higher up, it may just clear everything, but then
the
drive shaft would not be
horizontal.  This might be important >>

In planning for the installation of a Ford V8 into my TR6, I did a lot of
research in this area. Basicaly, the critical parameter is the relationship
of the crank centerline with the pinion centerline: they must be parallel.
You can move the engine up, down, right, left, or whatever, as long as you
maintain this relationship. Stray too far from this relationship, and the
drivetrain will vibrate. It has to do with phasing of the u-joints.

BTW, yesterday I dropped the engine into the car for the final fitting - it's
looking good. All the major problems have been resolved, and I am ready to
finish the welding.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN