Re: Preserving vs. Improving

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Preserving vs. Improving
From: cwiedman@shaysnet.com (Clark A. Wiedmann)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:42:45 -0500
Cc: gwiedman@shaysnet.com (Gail Wiedmann ), cvwiedmann@juno.com (Clark V. Wiedmann)
I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my request on input on whether to
preserve the car as it is, restore it to factory condition, or to modernize it.

I think you have clarified the issues, and I'll probably make case by case
decisions.  One clear issue for me is that I really want to have fun driving
it on the road--not as an everyday commuter car, but as a top-down weekend
fun car. So, "trailor queen" is not where I want to go.  I think I'll fix
defects, and in some cases make changes to improve performance and
reliability, but with a lot of respect for the car just as it came from the
factory.