RE: Hi, I'm back and Garage advice - no LBC content

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Hi, I'm back and Garage advice - no LBC content
From: Jane Burdekin <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 05:31:16 -0700
Jon,
Welcome back.  My only suggestion is to build the garage as big as you
possibly can.  My husband won the size argument and now with the GT6 in the
garage we practically have to climb over stuff to get around.  I wanted a
2.5 size and we got a 1.5 size.  He claimed that we would never get the
variance we needed to make it bigger, but I really wish we had tried
anyway.  We built it ourselves, with a 5 and 8 yr. olds help (yea right)
and it took a year.  Definately worth the trouble, I just wish it was
bigger.  I'm not sure about the vapor barrier under the cement, we just
poured cement with foundation walls, that may depend on your soil and
climate area.  Ours is very dry.  Good luck, and congrats on the new baby.

Jane
'67 GT6

Hi all,

I've been away for awhile - its good to be back!!  I stupidly
resubscribed in November and then couldn't sign on till recently and
I had over 5000 messages!!  They didn't get read. (I guess thats no
surprise)

A lot has happened since I last sent in any mail - New Job, New House
and mostly, a new Baby!!

We are thinking about building a garage and I wondering if I should do
anything special for the foundation - specifically wondering about a
vapor barrier under the concrete.  Is this advisable or no?  Thanks.

Jon Moody
'73 TR6

p.s.  Any other suggestions re garage building would be appreciated