Re: Hi, I'm back and Garage advice - no LBC content

To: Jon Moody <mood@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Hi, I'm back and Garage advice - no LBC content
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 21:00:15 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jon Moody wrote:

> We are thinking about building a garage and I wondering if I should do
> anything special for the foundation - specifically wondering about a
> vapor barrier under the concrete.  Is this advisable or no?  Thanks.
>
> Jon Moody
> '73 TR6
>
> p.s.  Any other suggestions re garage building would be appreciated
John: The best thing is to seal the top surface of the concete. I used
an industrial acrylic sealer ( the brand name escapes me) to seal the
concrete. I had a redistriped (Bare metal) car in the garage for 3
years. The metal showed no signs of rust for the entire time. It cost
@$75 for 5 gallons about 10 years ago.
Also, I have electrical outlets every 6 feet around the perimeter of the
garage. Saves a lot of tripping on extension cords. And, I have two rows
of overhead flourescent lights running down each side of the lenght of
garage. Then, I put lights to cover the width between the other two
rows! You can never have enough light!