Re: Americans in Britain

To: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Americans in Britain
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 12:20:20 -0500
Cc: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Richard Jackson wrote:

> Morning Bob and all others,
>
> >Hi,
>
> >With regard to your excellent treatise on British culture, I have a question:
>
> >If taking a rest after a big meal is called a wank, does that make the
> >resting person a wanker?
>
> Who told you that?????  I've never heard that one before, although I've only
> lived here for 27 years.....  I think someone is mistaken, If I said, 'Mum,
> that dinner was great, but I'm full up now so I'm off for a wank' I think
>she'd
> smash me in the face with the plate and call me a dirty bas*ard who's gonna go
> blind.  :-)
>
> Rich
>
> Anyway, I didn't think wan*er was a term used over there?

Gee, Rich, we did get "The Young Ones" over here for a couple years.  We
did learn a few things.....

BTW, I THOUGHT you WERE blind....... ;-)

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://member.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant - FM66513UO
62? Vitesse/Sports 6 convertible - HB5635LCV
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!) - 1FAPP38U1NK150073