Re: Americans in Britain<Pine.3.89.9702271152.A547357025-0100000@ISIS.MI

To: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: Americans in Britain<Pine.3.89.9702271152.A547357025-0100000@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
From: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:00:25 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Morning Bob and all others,

>Hi,

>With regard to your excellent treatise on British culture, I have a question:

>If taking a rest after a big meal is called a wank, does that make the
>resting person a wanker?

Who told you that?????  I've never heard that one before, although I've only
lived here for 27 years.....  I think someone is mistaken, If I said, 'Mum,
that dinner was great, but I'm full up now so I'm off for a wank' I think she'd
smash me in the face with the plate and call me a dirty bas*ard who's gonna go
blind.  :-)

Rich

Anyway, I didn't think wan*er was a term used over there?