Re: Americans in Britain

To: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Americans in Britain
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 12:31:41 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Richard Jackson wrote:

> Morning Bob and all others,
[stuff deleted]>

[original comment]

> >If taking a rest after a big meal is called a wank, does that make the
> >resting person a wanker?
>
> Who told you that?????  I've never heard that one before, although I've only
> lived here for 27 years.....  I think someone is mistaken, If I said, 'Mum,
> that dinner was great, but I'm full up now so I'm off for a wank' I think
>she'd
> smash me in the face with the plate and call me a dirty bas*ard who's gonna go
> blind.  :-)
>
> Rich
>
> Anyway, I didn't think wan*er was a term used over there?

Oh sure we know about wankers. A lot of us have seen the movie "This is
Spinal Tap". Very revealing.

L 8 er
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? Several.