hobby dilemma

To: "'Mark Gehl'" <Gehl@sphinx.crane.navy.mil>
Subject: hobby dilemma
From: "Smith, Brian" <brians@deq.state.la.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 97 15:41:00 PST
Cc: "'Triumph Owners Digest'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Here's what you asked:

My dilemma: too many things, too little time.

While I'm reasonable certain I am the only person with this problem,
just in case there are one or two others, I am interested in the
following.

Do your other interests read like a Hemmings Motor News index page,
all car related?  Do you embrace non-auto related hobbies as well?
Do you find one interest dominating the list?  If your response is
long and divergent, consider directly mailing me.  Thanks!  Mark

Here's my response:

Funny you should ask.  My wife and I were discussing this just the other
day.  She says that I drift between my hobbies...ie that one hobby
occupies the lions share of my attentions for a time then I start to
drift again.  My main hobbies are: British sports car restoration,
Bicycle racing & triathlon, homebrewing, Amiga computers (see, I like old
obsolete stuff) & Model airplane building (control line flying..not RC).
 Of course there are the subsets of the above groups..ie working on the
TR3 or the Spit., Recreational riding or running or swimming, etc.  Of
course there is the new baby and that a whole other kettle of fish &
chips.  Anyway...I'm making the attempt to integrate all of the hobbies
into one cohesive nebula(?).

Brian Smith
1959 TR3
1972 Spitfire Mk VI