Stuck Bolts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Stuck Bolts
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:19:07 -0800
After watching the list for awhile and reviewing old memories of similar
tribunals on removing bolts etc. I thought I would throw my $.03 worth
in.  I learned long ago from living around salt water and having a number
of boats that you NEVER put anything back together that might corrode
or rust in place, that I might want to take apart again unless I coat it
with antiseize/corrosion compound (Locktite coated item excepted).  I
also always lube bolts that fit into aluminum threads (works better last
longer).

I have drilled too many bolts out and cut too many nuts with a chisel to
ever forget to coat them before reassembly.  You can even get a high temp
type to put on exaust mainfold bolts.

You local parts house sells mumerous brands and most outboard dealers
have  a excellent type put out by OMC or Mercury.

Joe Worsley
80 TR8 DHC
Tupelo, MS