Re: spit - leaky brake bleeder nipples

To: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
Subject: Re: spit - leaky brake bleeder nipples
From: npenney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 09:07:22 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> nope, 1/2 turn and they (particularly the right rear) just
> pours fluid out the threads and then sucks air back in unless
> i time closing the nipple just perfectly. its a real pain.

Hmm.  That actually sounds an awfull lot like you've got the wrong bleed
nipples then.
That, or they and the wheel cylinders have managed to wear out.

I think the clutch uses the same bleed screws as the wheel cylinders.  You
could try
switching the two once just to see what happens.  Messy and time consuming
though.

Probably a better idea to go to a good parts store that handles imports and
just buy a
new set of bleed nipples and try that.