Re: spit - leaky brake bleeder nipples

To: mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov
Subject: Re: spit - leaky brake bleeder nipples
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 20:22:53 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>on my spit two of the brake bleeder nipples leak so bad during
>bleeding, its actually difficult to get the brake bleds, not
>to mention the mess. can the nipples be replaced or do i need
>to replace the entire wheel cylinder?

You can get replacement nipples.  Either ordering them through mail
order houses, or carrying them into a Napa or equivalent for a match up.

But I don't understand what your saying about them leaking and causing
problems.  When you bleed brakes, you only need turn the nipple out
about 1/2 to 1 turn, then the fluid flows out the hole, and messily
flows down everything unless you've got a hose.  Are you turning then
many turns out so the fluid flows out the threads?