Re: 74 tr6 emissions

To: "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>
Subject: Re: 74 tr6 emissions
From: Adam Turner <turner@public.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 23:20:34 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Shane F. Ingate wrote:

> Adam,
>         > Yup, I've got all that stuff - pulled it all off my '74 ex-US TR6.
>
> I too own a '74, but I have to keep the stuff on!  Hopefully
> I may be legally allowed to remove it IF current smog laws
> are repealed.
>
> I'm pretty sure I can remove every thing (except vacume retard
> to dizzy and valve-cover breather tubes) and then blank off the
> openings.  Is this what has been done to yours?  If so, are
> there any "gotchas" that I should be aware of? (ie tuning,
> timing) or will it run just as well if not better?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>         Shane Ingate in San Diego
I imported my car ex-California so I'd have a relatively rust-free
trolley to restore to my own spec. (triple Webers + lead-free
conversion) I've got the car in Sweden, and as it's a '74, no emission
control applies. I just pulled all the emission stuff off and put it in
a box. By the way, the EGR valve's got a crease in the top.

I'll have to leave the technical emission doo-dahs to the guys on your
side of the pond. Only wish I could be more helpful.

Adam Turner