Spit rear end trouble found

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit rear end trouble found
From: Paul Nelson <aloder@websgi.icomnet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 13:44:22 -0500
Well I believe I found my problem. It seems that the seal housing plate
on the left side is missing THREE of it's bolts and the ONE that is
there is sheared in half with one half of it remaining in my
differential case. This caused the inner shaft to pull out enough to
cause my problem. I applied some pressure and it all popped back into
place. But now I need to drop it all and hope that I can remove the bolt
remains some how. I'm going to try and get hold of the PO and find out
why he didn't replace those bolts.
        Later, Paul Nelson
                76 Spit