Re: Spitfire Spring-eye Bushing

To: Isaac@avana.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Spring-eye Bushing
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 20 Feb 97 15:29:30
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Išm not sure of the rear configuration on the š71, but Išve got a š74 Spit, and
Išm going to be replacing the leaf spring in the next few days.  I was
surveying my own situation just last night, for which only the rear wheel and
spring eye bolt would need to be removed to replace just the bushing.

Unless youšve got Hans and Franz staying at your house, youšll also need to put
the back of the car up on jackstands.  To prevent frame stress, I like to do
that with the front wheels on ramps and the back of the car jacked up to a
level height.

---
Martin Secrest
š74 Spitfire 1500