RE: Spitfire Spring-eye Bushing

To: "Isaac Crow" <Isaac@avana.net> (Return requested), "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: Spitfire Spring-eye Bushing
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 20 Feb 1997 13:47:12 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 064FC330CC660008-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 20 Feb 1997 13:47:12 -0800
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 20 Feb 1997 13:47:12 -0800
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <064FC330CC660008*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Isaac Crow wrote:
Does anyone know how involved a project it is to replace the spring eye
bushings on a Spitfire? Does the entire rear spring have to come off
first? My Haynes manual comes up a little short on this....
Issac - it shouldn't be too bad, even with the spring on the car.  After
taking off the tire and unbolting the single through bolt that runs through
the bushing you should be able to squeeze the bushing out with a "C" clamp.
 Yeah, I know, sounds kind of hokey, but if you hook the edge of the clamp
on the spring itself, (not on the bushing as that will simply compress it)
and start spinning the clamp it might just push the bushing out.  You can
reverse the process (assuming it works) to install the new one.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe