re road trip stories

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re road trip stories
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:00:08 -0500 (EST)
Woops! Sorry about duplicating that long road trip story!
Not intentional,,just got confused by AOL,but then who isn't?
re Johnny Storms' Stoneleigh report,I was there,and yes the overflow car-park
was indeed muddy,but then it is an Stoneleigh NAC (National Agricultural
Showground),so you might expect a little mud! The brass entry plaques were
available free,from the (seriously undermanned) organisers office throughout
the day,this was the third year of the show,and believe it or not,it was
actually less crowded than before,but only because they had less cars inside
than before.
Personally,although I love to see shiny-clean triumphs,I certainly would have
to think twice about bringing my pride and joy out in such atrocious
conditions...Cold,Wet & squally winds all day long-outside!
Remember,Johnny,the owners had to get to the show,down those wet & muddy
country roads,clean their cars & then get home again & do it all over
again!,even the seriously keen wheelchair bound Ken Mulhall,who lives out in
the wet & muddy Warwickshire countryside!
Now,I am have no connection with the organisers of the incredibly popular
Stoneleigh show,but it is intended to be more of a seriously useful
triumph-only autojumble/fleamarket than anything else,with dozens of traders
& amateurs selling spare parts to help finance their triumph restoration
projects,thus fulfilling an urgent need for the dedicated/desperate triumph
enthusiast,in the winter restoration period,so they can get their car on the
road for the coming summer!
You did after all get parts you wanted,and seemed pretty damn pleased
Johnny:-)
Oh yes,and the organisers told me that they are looking for
bigger,drier,convenient sites for future years shows.Do you have any ideas
Johnny?                                Roll on summer and all the shows with
the shiny cars to drool over!
All the Best
Leon F Guyot
TSSC International