Re: First Long Drive - LONG

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: First Long Drive - LONG
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 18:59:40 -0500
Hey Ross,
   Saw your post, glad to hear your car is back on the road !
Had to LOL at this part :

 >Nothing like a cool morning, top down, heater keeping the tootsies warm
 >drive along the coast to put one in good spirits.  We stopped at a little
 >side street cafe, had breakfast, got tons of compliments on the car and had
 >a good laugh when a leather bomber jacket, gold chain, baseball cap clad
 >40ish guy and his heavily made-up significant other parked right next to us
 >in a brand spanking new black BMW Z3 roadster.  The Spit drew more looks,
                                ^^^ ^^
 >thus confirming my hunch that deep down inside most people actually do have
 >good intentions when presented with a choice between "good" (LBCs) and
 >"evil" (late model German sports car wannabees).  May the force be with you.

The local paper, `Wheels' section had a write-up on the Z3. They said that
with the new, optional straight-six, it was quite a fun car. They also
noted that it cost 38 THOUSAND dollars !!!  For that kind of money, I
think I could come up with about 10 or 12 LBCs, or a small house !!  Either
way, for 38 K, it wouldn't look suspiciously like a Mi*ta !

8*)
Best regards,
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio