Re: TR3 B carpet color grey?

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 B carpet color grey?
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 22:43:27 -0500 (EST)

 In a message dated 97-02-17 00:23:02 EST, TRIPHSTEVE writes:

 << According to the TRA Judging Manual, "...some variations existed, such as
charcoal grey carpet fitted to TR3B's trimmed in black, red or blue."  If
trim colors other than black, red, or blue were available, I have not seen
them. Therefore, I believe all TR3B's should have grey carpet. But remember,
only this week I told Joe his TR3B had an original engine when it had a
number smaller than the body/commission number.

 Don Marshall responded:

 What this says to me is that the normal trim (including carpet) was either
black, red or blue, but that variations (such as grey carpet) did exist.
 Who's got a TR3B out there that they bought new?

Don and list:

Perhaps I should have given the whole text of the TRA Manual. I read it to
say that all TR3B's had grey carpet regardless of the trim (interior: i.e.
seats, hood). The Manual later refers to "Trim Color" as Hood and Seat Cover
catagories.

Additionally, the Manual later states: "Particularily, no mention (concerning
color combinations) is made of the TR3B, the export-only version built by
Forward Radiator and more fully described in Graham Robson's latest book. I
am expecting everyone in the Register to have one of these books as I have no
intention of repeating information which it contains. The records do give us
some idea  of what to expect, for instance I would expect a 3B with red, blue
or black trim to have charcoal carpet, instead of matching colors."

Again, I have never seen a concours 3B without grey carpet. Perhaps it is
because all of the restorers have read the same material as I have, or
perhaps it is true that they originally had grey carpets only. In any event,
I cannot remember much about these cars when they were new, as I was only 4
years old.

Regards,

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY