To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Vid>Spitfire MkIII Electricals
From: Jørgen Klitholm <jorgen_klitholm@computermac.dk>
Date: 17 Feb 97 09:04:19 +0100
         Vid>Spitfire MkIII Electricals                        16/02/97 11:=
18

1. The Control Box is a big black box mounted on the bulkhead in the =
engine comp, you cant miss it. If its not there, its because the DPO made =
an AC conversion where its not needed. The voltage stabilizer should be on =
the "shelf" as well.

2. Rebuilding my 69 Spit I bought a new wiring loom from Rimmer (=A390), =
as the DPO of my car had redone the system with whatever wiring he could =
find in his garage i suppose - it was all white.....and I can strongly =
suggest it! The fit is perfect and the colors are exactly those of the =
wiring diagram so its no problem throwing the thing in (when the car is in =
1000 pieces anyway).

Jorgen Klitholm (Denmark)
69 Spit Mk3 (2 litre 6 cyl)

--------------------------------------
Dato:  16/02/97 10:28
Fra:  Tony Zappa
 The next chapter in the everchanging Spitfire saga...

Last week everything was fine.  Yesterday I put in new demister hoses =
(they were missing) and now none of the lights, wiper motor, or =
heater motor work.  I'm sure I have a short somewhere, but a couple =
hours of poking around this morning failed to turn up anything.

My questions are:
1.  in a wiring diagram I have there is a Control Box and Voltage =
Stabliser listed.  As it looks like the previous owner(s) redid the =
entire system, where should these be?
2.  If I took the plunge and decided to re-wire the car (all of my =
wires are either red, yellow, brown, or grey, making it very =
difficult to ascertain what goes with what) would a new loom be in =
the original colours, or would it be better to work with what I have?

Any comments on the problem would be most appreciated.  Thanks.

--------
RFC-822 Header:
RECEIVED: from TRIUMPH.CS.UTAH.EDU by [194.192.90.132] ; 16 FEB 97 10:26:=
36 UT