Stoneleigh

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stoneleigh
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 11:54:47 +0000 (GMT)
  How many of you out there went to the stoneleigh show?
  How many of you followed the signs which lead you across
  what can only be described as a ploughed field? My Spit is far from
  Concours but I resent having to drive where I get cack sprayed up tothe
door handles! The bad (not untypical though) weather seems to have put
the organisers into a tizwaz, the brass plaques weren't being handed out
too freely either.

Thankfully they got organised later in the day and sectioned off the 'barns'
for the really pristine vehicles, I saw a gorgeous MKIV spit in there, it
was a non standard shade of yellow and had a hand painted masterpiece on
the bonnet. It looked as though it had really been cared for, did you see
it Rich?? :-)

 I was disapointed that it wasn't more of a show. Surely paying a fiver
to get in is a bit steep when the autojumble stalls are already paying to
display?? I'll admit I have no knowledge so there could be ins and outs
I'm not aware of??

Anyway it was all eventually successful and I now have a set of Dolly
sprint alloys on my 1500 (£40 with good tyres GRRREEEEAAATT!) and a
tonneau for when I'm kidding myself that the weather will improve. It's
cool as it was made in '75 and only opened yesterday!

Tra for now, Johnny.

'77 Spit 1500