Re: wiper parking on TR6

To: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Subject: Re: wiper parking on TR6
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 23:38:08 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Rod,

        I had a problem with the parking position of my '71 TR6 and it turned
out that I needed a new "limit switch" in the wiper motor. That doesn't seem
to fit your situation, but the plastic gear, driven by the worm gear, has
an elevated notch which determines the parking position. When the limit
switch is
over this notch, the circuit is open thus stopping the motion. I believe (please
don't sue me if I'm wrong) that there are two positons on the plastic gear
which you can place that elevated notch - 180 degrees across from each other.
This should convert from LHD to RHD or vice versa.

                        Good Luck,
                        Jeff N.