RE: TR4 help please + TRs in Australia

To: "'Heuer, Paul'" <paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4 help please + TRs in Australia
From: Dave Herr <dherr@innernet.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 23:07:22 -0500
Paul,
I have trouble believing that a TR4 rear spring would break due to a broken
shock bolt. I guess if it was really rusted.......I replaced the springs with
new ones on my TR4A solid axle. The job was not too tough. The new springs are
so stiff that I can stand on the back of the car and it does not move. The
leaves are very thick for such a light car. They are original spec. springs
from TRF.

In the states, it was a factory (or dealer) option on the later TR4s from
around 1963? on to have the wooden dash as an option. As you know, this became
a standard item on the TR4A. Go for it if you like the looks. I sure like how
mine looks. Good luck with the car.

Dave Herr - Central Pa. Triumph Club
73 Stag
65 TR4A (under Construction, estimated completion Spring 97!)