Re: TR4 help please + TRs in Australia

To: paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au
Subject: Re: TR4 help please + TRs in Australia
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:56:07 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> The dash in this car has been covered in vinyl, and glovebox door painted
>  black. It looks neat enough but in the long term I will go for a wooden
>  dash.
>
>  Being the TR4 man, can you tell me whether a "biscuit" coloured trim was
>  used on BRG TR4s? The trim is not brown or cream but a fawn/tan/biscuit
>  colour. The door trims have about a four inch strip of carpet along the
>  bottom edge which I don't think is original, so I wonder if the colour is
>  original.
>
>  Cheers,
>  Paul.

Paul, sorry it took so long to get back to you.  My research shows that all
TR4's had charcoal grey rugs as original equipment.  Piggott's book shows
some good pictures of this.  The trim was the same color.  Let me know if
this helps.  Cheers

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L (original owner/daily driver for 20+ of the 33
years)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant