Re: No Subject

To: jfcowan@sj.znet.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: No Subject
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 22:08:38 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-02-13 12:19:35 EST, jfcowan@sj.zNET.com (John Cowan)
writes:

<< More excitement from the TR-3A.  As I drove off the other day, a part fell
 to the road from under the car.  It's a piece of steel 1/16" thick and
 roughly 2" by 4", with a notch shaped as pictured below, except that the
 notch tapers a bit and is rounded at the bottom. There are no holes in it
 for for fittings. (The illustration looks right in Courer 12 font).`
   Does anyone recognize it?  I didn't see anything like it in any of my
 catalogues.
   Thanks.
 John Cowan >>

URGENT MESSAGE URGENT MESSAGE  URGENT MESSAGE

JOHN !!!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT DRIVE THE TR3.  DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO
START IT.   DO NOT PARK IT IN AN ENCLOSED PLACE. KEEP ALL WOMEN AND CHILDREN
AT LEAST 100 YARDS AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE.  NOTIFY YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY
PREPAREDNESS OFFICE OF A CLASS III ALERT.  IF THERE ARE NEIGHBORING HOUSES
WITHIN 50 YARDS EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY.  LOCATE, AND NOTIFY  THE NEAREST
PROFESSIONAL BOMB  SQUAD.  THE LAST PERSON I KNOW OF WHO DROVE HIS CAR AFTER
THIS PART FELL OFF IS STILL IN THE HOSPITAL.  THIS IS A CRITICAL SELF
DESTRUCT PART, DESIGNED BY KEN RICHARDSON, TO INCREASE SALES OF TRS.  WHEN
THE VEHICLE GETS OVER A CERTAIN NUMBER OF YEARS THE PART FALLS OFF WHICH
RESULTS IN A DOMINO EFFECT (COPIED DURING VIET NAM) AND ALL THE PARTS ON THE
CAR FALL OFF, ONE AT A TIME, BUT SOMETIMES VERY QUICKLY.

Actually that part does not look familiar at all to me.  Are you sure there
wasn't an MG in front of you at the time.  Or a Yugo perhaps?

Is the part metal.  Cast ?  I bet it's  aluminium right ?  Are there ragged
edges anywhere indicating that part of it might be broken off or all the
edges ok smooth.

Bob Paul