Re: your mail

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>, "Ed BurgerReturn requested" <eburger@sagelink.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.netReturn requested" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: your mail
From: "Bill and Sal Birney" <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 07:36:28 +1100
> I read a posting from another member who installed a
> dual exhaust into two resonators tucked under the boot, and he said it
was
> "loud".  Well, not to start a flame war, but frankly I have a hard time
> believing that a little 68 to 75 hp motor needs a dual exhaust system or
> that it makes any improvement over a good low restriction single exhaust
> setup, such as the one I described.

Let's start flaming!!

The system on my Spitfire is similiar (all though larger diameter) to the
sports type exhaust originally used by the factory, and supplied by
TriumphTune in the UK to this day.

The difference is that you can use 2 relatively low cost mufflers, rather
than one very expensive single (which is normally required to acheive the
"low restriction").

My two cents worth, and I can tell you from experience that it is a major
step up from the earlier single exhaust.

Bill and Sal Birney
'70 GT6+ (RHD)
'67 Spitfire MkII (restoration)
'69 Spitfire MkIII (Sal's, in queue)