exhaust for '65 spit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Subject: exhaust for '65 spit
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 10:53:37 -0800
Ross wrote:
<snippers>
Ed - I just installed an exhaust system in my 64 Mk I Spit using the
following pieces - I have a Mk II tubular header, I then had a local
muffler shop weld a short straight pipe behind it, then a 30 inch
glasspack, then a straight pipe out the back with a nice bologna slice
chrome tip.  Looks great and sounds terrific.  Total cost was about
$100.
<unsnipped>

Ross,
  What diameter of exhaust tubing did you end up using.  I've heard
different reccommendations, and I've got the same header on my '64.
Also, I'm assuming that the glasspack sits in the center of the car,
below the frame, under the driveshaft, right?  I'm getting close to
wanting to get that done on mine now, too.

Thanks,

Peter  -  '64 Spit