Re: hydraulics: sleeved vs new and cylinder casting #'s

To: mbarre@juno.com (mattbarre)
Subject: Re: hydraulics: sleeved vs new and cylinder casting #'s
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 22:02:42 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Matt-

I just rebuilt the master cylinders in my 1957 TR3. It has the twin Girling
clyinders that you mentioned. They were a breeze to rebuild, but mine were
not frozen, they just leaked all over the place. The cylinders are IDENTICAL.
You do not have to determine which is for the brakes and which is for the
clutch, but I would reccomend rebuilding both at the same time.

I got the rebuild kits via Vicky B because TRF was out of stock. They shipped
an Australian kit! But I should have looked here locally. I found NOS at a
former Leyland dealer who now does repairs. They honed the cylinders for me
and the TR3 now runs like new.

Later
Ken Nachman
Richmond Triumph Register