Re: Looking for GT6 Carbs

To: DaveFain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for GT6 Carbs
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 15:42:13 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>> Subject: Re: Looking for GT6 Carbs
>>
>> All
>>
>> > I've heard of a triple weber setup (WOW!), although
>> > I almost think I'm imagining that because I can't remeber where I heard
>> it.
>>
>> Why dual, give each pot a throat!!
>>
>> A triple webber manifold set for the GT6 (it is special and dips down at
>> the front to allow the carbs to miss the bonnet) is available from
>> TriumpTune (ie Moss U.K.) at least.
>
>A setup like this would be 'way too much carb except on a
>highly modified engine but it would look extremely cool if
>you have the "cubic dollars" to invest in the first place.
>Dual Webers would be more realistic but still probably
>wouldn't improve the performance much unless the engine was
>already tweaked some. I will probably get beat up for this,
>but I don't find the Zenith Strombergs on my GT6 all that
>troublesome as long as I replace the diaphragms once a year
>and keep the oil topped up.  YMMV.
>Dave

Okay, since I was the one to first bash ZS on this thread (and many
others...:-), I figure I gotta respond. My main complaint about them is
that they're impossible to tune unless you have very extensive knowledge
and expiernce. Also, I've heard many stories of them failing, more so than
ZSs holdin up for many years straight. Well, that's some more of my two
cents.

Thanks for reading.

Jeff