Re: TRF Winter Parts Sale

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TRF Winter Parts Sale
From: Stuart Bollen <stuartb@voicenet.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 17:45:12 -0500 (EST)
At 01:11 PM 2/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I got my order today, and promptly too, 3 days after the fax, regular UPS.
>
>Of the $312 order, $265 is on backorder. I think they are moving away from
>"in stock" on many items and more toward brokering orders to suppliers for
>later delivery. Saves inventory costs big time, I assume.
>
>In 9 years I have never not been backordered, but nothing like this. Makes
>projects impossible.
>
>Peter Firla
>

>I have heard that TRF are in financial trouble, and have to pay cash up
front. I also had a stupod experience. Called up about a tan seat kit for my
TR8, was told it was in stock,and given a price
by a Level 2 salesperson. One week later I called up to place the order and
was told they had not been available since 1989! Victoria British and Rimmer
have them in stock.

Also Technical help- forget it since Dave Hagenbush left.