Re: mityvac in U.K. ?

To: bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mityvac in U.K. ?
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 96 07:09:20 EDT
Sorry, I've just gotta make a minor correction here...

On Sep 24, 11:36pm, bill wrote:
> And no, I'm not a wimpy driver, I won the stock
> TR8 class in Albany, N.Y. this year at the VTR convention.  As a matter
> of fact a Spitfire took fastest time of day there,

Not quite - it was a TR-4 that took FTD.

> with another Spit nipping at HER (the driver, not the car!) heels!

Again, not quite, it was that same TR-4 (with me driving) that
took second fastest time.  The fastest Spitfire, Bob Bownes car,
was the third fastest car there (with Jim Pivorotto driving).

> For what it's worth a properly set up Spit provides lots and lots
> of thrills for a whole lot less money than will be spent trying to
> convert one to a drag strip screamer to be driven on the street.

Completely agreed.  One of the real joys of a Spitfire (or any
other *sports* car for that matter) is its agility and its ability
to go around corners.  A V-8 Spit is almost certainly going to
lose that appeal.  Now the rotary powered Spitfire project that
GRM is undertaking might well be a different story....

cheers,

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm