mityvac in U.K. ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: mityvac in U.K. ?
From: bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 11:30:11 -0700
Andy Linkens writes <...How expensive are they and are they avilable in
the UK??>

Andy,

The only parts I get from the U.K. are from Rimmers, so I can't speak
with authority that mityvac is available (spelling and capitalization
from their brochure).  Gunson's makes the Eezibleed there, so I assume
other similar products are available.  If CAR MECHANIC magazine is
still published, check out a current issue to see if they are available.
A good parts house should also be able to tell you if mityvacs are
imported into the U.K.

While here, let me throw my 2 cents worth in about a V-8 Spitfire.  I
have 2 TR8's that I love to autocross.  When I do, I really flog them for
all they're worth.  Guess what?  Spitfires can and do regularly match
and beat my times.  And no, I'm not a wimpy driver, I won the stock
TR8 class in Albany, N.Y. this year at the VTR convention.  As a matter
of fact a Spitfire took fastest time of day there, with another Spit
nipping at HER (the driver, not the car!) heels!  Sure, I can leave
rubber like no Spitfire could ever hope to dream of, but all that gets me
is lots of smoke, tire wear and a worn rear end.  For what it's worth a
properly set up Spit provides lots and lots of thrills for a whole lot
less money than will be spent trying to convert one to a drag strip
screamer to be driven on the street.  BUT I'd love to see an A/gas
Spit at the drags--I'd be cheering the loudest for it!