TR6 - making more sense of numbers?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - making more sense of numbers?
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 23:39:46 -0500
I have gotten some specs on a TR6 that I might be interested in - and was
wondering whether anybody on the list with a bit more TR6 experience than me
(which is almost everybody on the list ;-)!) could shed some light on the
following:

>On firewall, passenger side  T18521CF
>   19264CF This number is below the top number.
>On the "A" post CF19122 ( commission number.)
>Build date indicated is 3-19-74
>Engine number is CF19310UE
>This number merely indicates TR6, low compression engine, US version.

Can one tell from these numbers whether there I can expect an overdrive
gearbox? In my Triumph Buying Guide it states that all American version
TR6's from 1974 and onward were fitted with overdrive - does this hold true?
Does it appear that the engine is original since the numbers are so close?
And what kind of output is the low compression engine capable of?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top)
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine)
....not responsible for any of these changes...
....the DPO did it....hmmmm.....