Re: Hybrid GT6 rear suspension

To: michael_bayrock@bctinet.bctransit.com
Subject: Re: Hybrid GT6 rear suspension
From: Dan Arrington <gt6nut@gnn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 02:45:42 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Michael Bayrock wrote:

>      I've been having an interesting chat with another GT6 owner about the
>      pros and cons of the different GT6 rear suspensions - swing axle,
>      rotoflex, and swing spring.  We've pretty much agreed that the Mk2 or
>      Mk3 setup is the way to go.
>
>      In a fit of 'thinking outside the box', we've come to wonder if there
>      is any value in setting up a swing spring *with* the rotoflex
>      suspensions.  We've yet to compare pieces side by side to see it it
>      will fit, but I was wondering if we're treading an already explored
>      path.
>
>      Has anyone tried a hybrid GT6 rear suspension setup?  Minding needs
>      know to inquire (or some such thing!)
>
>      Thanks
>
>      Michael
>      michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
>      GT6++

Michael,
If you take a look at the Compition Preperation Manual put out by
British
Leyland you will see that Kas Kastner makes the suggestion of using the
later model swing spring for a high performance street or solo race car.
I opted to add a leaf to the original spring and have it dearched 1".
Dont know how this is going to work yet. I still have about a years
worth of work to do on my car before it will see the road.

Have FUN!!

Dan Arrington
Near Portland,Oregon
gt6nut@gnn.com