RE: Wolfrace nostalgia

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs)
Subject: RE: Wolfrace nostalgia
From: Daren Allder <dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 13:36:00 +0100
Richard Jackson wrote:
I'm 26, so I wasn't even in my teens in the seventies, but I DO remember
Side
Pipes/Bonnet bulges and frenched aerials........Are you suffering from
selective amnesia, or was it a genuine oversight???? :-)

Blimey (and "stone the bleedin' crows, Mary" and other
Dick-van-Dyke-isms), yes!  Hey I'm "only" 29 myself...

Side pipes, bonnet bulges and scoops, frenched aerials/lights....  yes
it's all coming back!

Black 'n' flames paintwork, perspex portholes, mirror-filmed windows,
personalised green sun-strips,  Escort "rally" arches,  rear window
louvres,  IMSA arches made almost entirely of body filler,  red lights
under the back of the car to illuminate the rear axle,  prismatic
registration plates,  ludicrous numbers of foglamps, Richard Grant front
spoilers (from the same catalogue as the Wolfies..)   Oh the flood gates
are opening.  Time to find all them early copies of "Street Machine"..

I remember two TR7s from early Street Machines (British custom car
magazine) from about 1979:

One was truly gorgeous.  No I'm not joking.  Lots of the "angles" were
smoothed out: nicely flared arches, no bumpers, and panels added from the
rear of the roof curving down to the back corners (I'm struggling to
describe this in case you hadn't noticed)..  I'll have to get hold of the
article and scan it, so I can mail it to interested parties.   The other
was a TR7 body on a shortened V8 Range Rover chassis...

Daren
still in Reading, UK