Re[2]: Boy is My Face [Signal?] Red...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, rjannelli@UNCC.CAMPUS.MCI.NET (Ralph Jannelli)
Subject: Re[2]: Boy is My Face [Signal?] Red...
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 96 09:38:36 EST
     You are correct...GT-6s have the double coil in the hydraulic
     line...see any of the competent vender catalogs for pictures
     (Motorhead, Vicky Brit, etc.).

     PMCQ

     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6
     69 GT-6+ (2)

Subject: Re: Boy is My Face [Signal?] Red...
Author:  rjannelli@UNCC.CAMPUS.MCI.NET (Ralph Jannelli) at smtpgate
Date:    9/11/96 9:30 AM

Yes my '72 Spit MKIV has the loop in the clutch pipe but the '65 MKIV does
not. It looks original but maybe it's not! Should I replace it with one that
has the loop? Besides the saftey issue I want to keep this car as a
potential concours winner (at least for awhile :-})

>Well, not exactly. Spitfires and Heralds rely on a double- or
>triple-loop in the pipe -- up in the engine bay area -- to allow for
>vibration and other engine movement. At the risk of turning my face red
>next, I'll say that I believe GT6s use a similar coil setup in the
>hydraulic pipe.
>
>Now the Mayflower uses a mechanical linkage.... ;-)
>
>--Andy
>
>  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>  * Andrew Mace                         e-mail: amace@unix2.nysed.gov *
>  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
>  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
>  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
>  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *

Ralph Jannelli
Charlotte NC
'72 Spitfire MKIV daily driver
'65 Spitfire MKII freshly restored