For Sale: Spitfire LeMans 1147 Racing Heads - Update

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: For Sale: Spitfire LeMans 1147 Racing Heads - Update
From: "Brian S. Thomas" <thomasb@knot.queensu.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 09:20:02 -0400
Greg Kerr phoned last night to supply some additional information on the
Spitfire "LeMans" racing heads he offered for sale a couple of weeks ago.
So here goes:

The heads were originally owned by Team Triumph, an official factory works
racing team.  Team Triumph raced in Canada under old improved production
rules which were similar to those used in Europe rules and allowed more mods
than SCCA.

One of the heads was used on the race Spitfire.  It was sent over by the
factory
and went directly to Kastner for reworking.  It has a 12:1 compression ratio.

The second head was backup and was never used.  It has the standard 9:1
compression ratio.

These heads are the same as were used on LeMans coupes and rallye cars of
the period.  There are very few left in the world.

A company in England is currently remanufacturing these heads.  The price is
$1500.

Greg will sell the pair of heads (i.e. both) to the first person coming
forward with $700 U.S.  Shipping costs will be your responsibility.

You can reach Greg at his business (613-549-4113) or e-mail me and I'll see he
gets your note.

While I've made every attempt to accurately communicate the facts as Greg
gave them to me, interested (i.e. more knowledgable) parties may want to
discuss the history with Greg.

Later,  ....

Brian

Brian S. Thomas                    e-mail: ThomasB@Post.QueensU.Ca
Co-ordinator, Information Systems  v-mail: 613-545-2228
Computing Centre                      fax: 613-545-6798
Queen's University                   home: 613-542-8110
Kingston. Ontario  CANADA  K7L 3N6   toys: '54 TR2,'56 TR3,'67 TR4A,'80 TR8