CLutch lines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: CLutch lines
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 17:28:50 -0700
> All engines that I'm aware of move around at
>least a little, so I'd guess that Spitfires use a flexible line
>as part of their hydraulic system, too.

>good try though,

>John Lye

OK, lets set the record strait - Spitfire's, GT6's and Hearld's all had a
solid steel clutch line from the master cylinder to the slave.  To take up
the vibrations and engine movement the line, about midway down had several
close wound loops (like a large spring) about 1 3/4 inch in diameter. Kinda
clever - never had a hose brake.  Wonder why nobody else used this setup?
Barry Schwartz
bschwart@pacbell.net
63 Spit, 72V6 Spit, 70 GT6+