RE: Hail Lucas!!

To: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Subject: RE: Hail Lucas!!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 15:33:59 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 wrote:

> Andy,
>     Regarding that recall, I ran across mine just the other day marking the
> torque specs chapter in my shop manual. At the time I did not live near a
> dealer. Any (in dream mode) possibility Rover honors those. I notice at the
> car shows people have all kinds of crap framed trying to win the class.
> Perhaps if I framed this recall complete with envelope can put me over the
> top in the Concours!

Hmmm, never thought of that. I did live near a dealer, and I did get a
new Lucas lighting switch for my 1969 Mk.3 Spitfire. I also got the lap
belts replaced under recall, even though there really wasn't anything
wrong with the ones they replaced (so I got to keep them and they went
into my TR3A).

Considering that my Mk.3 is in thousands of pieces, which might or might
not ever see themselves assembled to a whole car again, maybe I should
have kept the recall notices. They probably have more intrinsic value
than do my piles of rusty bits.

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *