Hail Lucas!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hail Lucas!!
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 16:32:34 -0700
Ahhh. . . what a treat.  Driving to work at 5am the last 15 miles with no
head-lights!  Not all that comforting to know that some of you have trodden
here before - OH THANK YOU PRINCE OF DARKNESS, You have lived up to your
reputation!  Damn that light switch, already 5 miles on the freeway, OK. . .
all right. . . pull over to see if its just a loose wire.  Jiggle everything -
nope, it's dead!  What to do,  what to do.  Aw heck, driven this route for
years.  The freeways sorta lighted,  there's not that much traffic.  It's
either limp home or carry on, PRESS ON!  Damn those other drivers flashing
their lights - don't they know this is a British car!  Uh-oh, looks like a
motorcycle cop in the rear view, slow down.  Hummmm, time to switch freeways
anyway.  Cruise into the right lane to the on-ramp.  Yep - Murphy says it a
cop. (Wiping brow), he goes on by.  Whew (cut to sweating profusely scene in
Airplane).  Wiping brow again.  Probably can't see me, dark car, no
headlights, luck's holding out so far!  May be more interested in that guy in
the fast lane-  OK time to pull off, turn right onto that back road to the
plant.  Geeze, is it always this dark on this road.  And it never seemed
this long before!  Finally, the parking lot, slowly cruise in.  I made it!
Well at least I'll have something to do tonight!  Just another day in the
life. . .

Barry Schwartz
Bschwart@pacbell.net
63' and  72'Spitfire   70'GT6+