Re: GT6 Insanity (a little long)

To: "Lindberg, Andrew (MN12)" <Andrew.Lindberg@CORP.honeywell.com>, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Insanity (a little long)
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 96 08:35:22 EST

     Andy,

     The plague spreads...(I have three GT-6s and submit that your
     descriptions of these LBC is accurate)...but to make it more difficult
     for you, John Lye advised me that there is not one GT-4 in the yard
     mentioned, not two, not even three GT-6 like machines, but more...lie
     in wait for those of us smitten by the dread hunger for:

        More body work than any one person should consider commitment (long
     hospital stay) to...

        More expense than a government worker should try to underwrite....

        Skinned knuckles, weary knees, greasy fingers and broken
     cuticles...

        Huge frustrations with neighbors who fail to understand the obvious
     rationales for the line of GT-6 (and other Triumph) cars in the
     driveway in front of house....

        Minor (relatively) disappointment when the first paint job isn't
     perfect and must be stripped...

     And after all that, the day comes when sun rises early on a Fall
     morning, mist in the trees and a crisp air, and the newly restored
     machine, caressed by loving hands, streaks southward along the winding
     back roads of the foothills of the east coast....making the right
     sorts of noises...and sensual confirmations...

     that I'll be in Scottsville before you!!!!!!