Spitfire 1500 Brake Master Cylinder

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire 1500 Brake Master Cylinder
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 17:09:14 -0400
My youngest son has bamboozled me into "Could you give me a hand, Dad, with
my Spitfire?"  So he has gone to marry and seek his fortune while I babysit
the car.  Of course the "hand" which he requested meant getting it back on
the road so that he could someday have "all the fun which you [meaning me]
have with your TR4.  So I guess I am now much more interested in Spitfires
than previously. :-)

My first problem.  The brake master cylinder, tandem type, plastic reservoir,
one cap (the MC was in pieces in a bag) needed a rebuild.  Bought the kit but
find that I am missing the valve assembly that goes on the end of the
secondary piston.  It is the first thing to be installed in the rebuild.

Does anyone have that part which they would be willing to sell.  Seems a
shame to throw away the whole MC for just that one piece.  TIA and I'm sure
this is just the beginning.

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT 33118L
              '74 Spitfire 1500 (being "babysat")