Fuel hose clamps

To: triumphs@autox.TEAM.net
Subject: Fuel hose clamps
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 16:57:19 -0400
Fellow Motorheads,

Unless you don't mind snagging your knuckles of the sharp edges of the
stock-type spring-loaded clamps, and dripping blood on your engine while
you work on it, as an offering to Lucas, Prince of Darkness, I'd recommend
using the screw-type replacements.  I replaced a few pieces of that hose
recently, and IMS they were 5/16" id, on the '68 model.....

And Cap'n Scott, allow me to suggest getting both the Haynes manual AND
the Bentley manual, and borrow an old copy of the Six-Tech manual too if
you can find one, and compare all of the above before undertaking a major
job.  Sometimes, where one lacks detail, the other fills in, or has a
better drawing, etc.  Good manuals = cheap insurance IMHO, although be
prepared to find mistakes (or mistaken applications) in all of them.

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
TR-250
SW Ohio