Re: 74 Thermostatic Switch & Vacuum Lines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 74 Thermostatic Switch & Vacuum Lines
From: "James R. Lloyd" <jrlloyd@caverns.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 05:24:20 -0600
Nettater@aol.com wrote:

> After following the conversation the last week, and realizing that my car
> just isn't as "zippy" as it was, I popped the hood to assess my situation.
>  As I looked from the Moss catalog to my engine, I could find virtually no
> similarities.  I have a four nipple switch on the top radiator hose, with no
> lines running from it or to it.  I wonder if my mechanic was speaking of the
> switch when he said he had plugged some "breather tubes"...any thoughts ?
>  Also, it appears as though my EGR valve is plugged, (I think I've identified
> the right thing !).  The only vacuum line I see in my engine at all is from
> the back carb to the advance (?) on the bottom of the distributor.
>
> It would seem to me that with all those vacuum lines disconnected, that
> intake and acceleration would suffer.  Any comments on how to best rectify ?
>
> Carol Z.
> 74 TR6 CF19905 UO

"Sigh"...that 4 nipple switch is the Thermostatic Valve that im tryin to
locate Carol, mine has been removed with the vacuum goin from the dist
to the front carb..but there is also a connection on my rear carb for a
vacuum line..originally and according to the diagrams teh vacuum line to
both carbs came from this thermostatic valve, and the line from the
distributor went to the valve.  Although im not very familiar with how
the vacuum affects engine performance i question what effect it has on
my engine when only one carb has teh vacuum line going to it when both
should have it, and regardless Id still like to get it back to the way
its supposed to be.

Wish me luck in my search.

Reards,
James Lloyd